Thursday, August 07, 2008

dark side of the moon

never ever do you ask a simple question:
What are you doing here?

I did a couple of minutes because I was woken up by Roger Water's in one of the documentaries I was watching a few mins back...he says 
"I suddenly realized then that year...that life was already happening.
I think it was because my mother was so obsessed with education...and the idea that childhood and adolescence...was about preparing for a life that was going to start later.
I realized that life wasn't going to start later...that it starts at dot and it happens all the time...and that at any point you can grasp the reins...and start guiding
your own destiny...and that was a big revelation to me."

It is true.What the fuck are you doing here....if you want to bask in the false sense of self enlightenmnet and claim that you know....you better very well be dead.
I feel stupid and befooled at times upon myself...why cant I see what i should see.....what cant i do what i should have done eons back....why cant i listen to my songs late at night without wondering when to get up....and why cant i think?

You wish you wish you wish.....thats it.
Just once....once....you wish...you leave it all behind and walk free...because then you would not be lying to yourself....you would genuinely and honestly be LOST in life....so why not be truly lost in all its senses.Drown your mobile,burn your cash,scrap your plastic(so tru....plastic!) and ya.....say your boss...fuck you....and ya I did see "Into the wild" and ya it is indeed plagiarism!!

I am in my 27th year of existence...breathing and living on set lines...treaded by many people....and I am sure,I could not help my life...forget about helping others.
make music...make someone cry or laugh....make some one get lost.....isn't that great.Leave behind something more than a bank balance,home and a car.
Or even better.....don't leave behind anything.

"That's not to say that the potential for the sun to shine doesn't exist.
Walk down the path towards the light rather than walking to the darkness.
There is no dark sidein the moon really.
Matter of fact it's all dark."

2 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger Enzymes said...

True...you listen to songs at night and keep thinking that that songs going to be the last song as you plan when to get up in the morning....i get that so much.

I do not know how to make this comment sound. Gappu, I would hate it if it sounded like preaching.

Being small town kids, I guess it was more difficult for us to break out of the set rules. I do not think that there is anything that we are born to do. But to find that passion for something is to to answer the question of what you are doing. Till then, I agree with you when you say that we are living the lives we have because it is there ..not out of want or choice but because it is the only thing we have. And these questions are only a reaction to that sense of disgust when we realize that. And we shall always have that until we find that passion or are dulled into accepting this existence.

But then you have now asked yourself this question already. You have freedom, a couple of years till you get married and the balls to hopefully find something. I hope you are lucky and keep your eyes open for when it arrives.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Enzymes said...

Or is that we are only spurred on by the challenge ...that we feel the joy in the pursuit and that we feel bored and restless when we have achieved it.....When you left NSIT, you had to figure out a path and would have had an answer to that question then....but do not do so now. It makes me wonder how I would ever be married to one person ....come to think of it, I already have a mistress!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home